Monday, October 19, 2009

.::Environmentally Friendly Monday::.

Today, we will be collaborating the environment and energy together!

Next time your about to leave your house remember to stop and think:

"Are all my lights out?" and if you have the time, run around the house and turn off the lights. This will save you money, and it's better for you.

Also, make sure any chargers are not plugged in, such as camera chargers, laptops, and cell phones. As crazy as it seems if they are plugged in they will still use 5 watts per hour, when they are NOT recharging a battery.

I am known in my family as the person who literally walks around the house and flicks lights off, because when I see a light on that is not being used my mind automatically will begin to see..."$"

It's important to save money in these troubling economic times, so why not do the "Little" things that in the end will go a *long* way?

So, there you have it, and I challenge you to go flick a light off that is not currently being used. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am notorious for turning out lights. People get MAD at me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad would love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a while he had my whole family playing a "game" to get us to turn off the lights. . .we each got a points taken on/off if we left the lights on! we earned points if we turned off a light some one else left on =) It was a lot of fun actually =)!

    ReplyDelete