Thursday, May 20, 2010

As easy as 1-2-3!

Many people ask me "Is being eco friendly...easy?" I've pondered over this question for sometime now and for me it's as easy as 1, 2, 3. But for the normal "Busier" type person who throw their reusable's away and may not entertain the thought of, "taking care of the earth", the principle might be a bit harder to establish in their everyday life. I often try to explain that your efforts will pay off, and being eco-friendly IS worth it!

Now that we've established that fact, lets see how we can {easily} be eco-friendly when we are out-and-about! :)

-When you wash your hands (In a local bathroom) use 1 Hand Towel. You know, the things we hastily grab to "Dry our hands"? I don't know about you, but normally I grab about 3-5 of them after I finish washing my hands, thinking: "I'll need this much!" But really...I'm NOT thinking all that much...because if you THINK about it, you really only need one! So I urge you, just try ONE...and see if that suffices. [I guarantee you, it will.] Not only will it meet your needs, you will also be reducing trash!

And here is another tip!

- When buying ice cream, get a cone and not a cup. This is just a little summer tip. So many times you'll be heading up to the ice cream store (especially if you live in Texas and have an urge to feed your sweet tooth!) and you have a choice: To pick a cup or a cone. Know that if you buy a cone you will be decreasing the amount of trash you use!

Walah! Your well on your way to being eco-friendly!

Together, lets {easily} be eco-friendly and reduce trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment